The Maldives is truly a spectacular and perfect destination for a luxury vacation. There are so many resorts to choose from, so you have difficulty deciding which one is best for you. Here are some helpful tips to help you choose the perfect resort for your perfect Maldives vacation.
- Set your budget. A resort in the Maldives can be very expensive, so your budget will help narrow the list significantly. Keep in mind that a full-fledged resort can be cheaper overall.
- Think about what you want to do during your holiday in the Maldives. Do you want to relax with white sugar? Or are your active type interested in snorkeling through coral reefs or gliding over the ocean? You can find activities at every resort, but some have better options than others. Some resorts, for example, are well known for their house rafters, which is great if you plan to dive. If you are planning an active holiday in the Maldives, look for a resort that offers a full board package so you don’t have to pay a daily fee for your activities.
- Which package is best? Once you have determined your budget and planned activities, you can consider the most appropriate package. Prices start with room, bed and breakfast only, full board (all meals included but no drinks) and all-inclusive (food and alcohol and some / all activities). If you plan to spend time visiting other islands and eating out, all you have to do is choose a room or breakfast. If you plan to be active and drink a few beers by the pool in the evenings, an all-inclusive package is likely to be cheaper.
- Accommodation. Most resorts offer accommodation, so consider using a beachfront villa a few meters from the ocean or a water villa located in the ocean itself. For perfect luxury, the villas cannot be beat. You will be able to look out the window and watch the sea life swim, of course there is such a luxury price.
- Children. If you’re traveling with children, choose a resort with a kids ’club to relax and enjoy your holiday.
- Man. If you want to spend a day exploring the country’s capital, check to see if your resort offers day trips.
- Weather. In terms of weather, the optimal time to visit the Maldives is between December and April. You should see the most hours of sunshine and the least rain during these months. Of course, you shouldn’t be surprised to learn that this is the most expensive time of the year to travel!
- Romance. If you are planning a honeymoon in the Maldives or are just looking for a romantic getaway, look for a resort on one of the smaller islands that is usually quieter and more intimate. Some larger islands prefer to feel like a party.